Notifying the California Department of Health Services of a death

How does one go about notifying the California Department of Health Care Services (aka: “Medi-Cal”) of the death of a friend or loved one? You can have an attorney help you or just go to this handy link on their website. Once there click on NOTICE OF DEATH. Another screen is brought up where you […]

Read More

Special Letters of Administration and Mortgage Companies

“My husband died and the mortgage company won’t talk to me.” This is becoming a common statement that I hear. Mortgages and the actual deed to real estate are NOT connected. They are separate.  So, for example, if a spouse dies with a house in their name the other spouse can often use a “spousal […]

Read More
Call Now ButtonCall Us Today